FOND FAREWELLS

Dear Friends,
In the four months since we have left Alotau, I've seen really exciting and thought-provoking pieces appearing under our fellows' bylines. I was lucky enough to see a few of you in Fiji, and I am always so happy when I see your names pop up in my email inbox.
This blog was an experiment, and I am very pleased with how it went. I hope my successor can pick it up (or perhaps one of you will?) and help it grow.
As you all know, I am moving to a new position with COMPASS, where I will be the new assistant director of science outreach. My contact information is not changing for now, and I hope you will each continue to include me in your lives and your work.
I wish you all the best,
Sincerely,
Liz

01 January, 2008

Photo of the Week - 1st week January


If you had to guess what the bottom of the ocean looked like, would you have imagined this? Photo Credit: NOAA Ocean Explorer
Original caption:
MIDNIGHT GARDEN—A deep coral community grows on volcanic rock in the New England Seamount chain. It includes an abundance of invertebrate animals, including pink, white, and orange soft corals, red-orange sea stars, and a multitude of different light-colored sponges. Via the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution magazine Oceanus.

No comments: