FOND FAREWELLS

Dear Friends,
In the four months since we have left Alotau, I've seen really exciting and thought-provoking pieces appearing under our fellows' bylines. I was lucky enough to see a few of you in Fiji, and I am always so happy when I see your names pop up in my email inbox.
This blog was an experiment, and I am very pleased with how it went. I hope my successor can pick it up (or perhaps one of you will?) and help it grow.
As you all know, I am moving to a new position with COMPASS, where I will be the new assistant director of science outreach. My contact information is not changing for now, and I hope you will each continue to include me in your lives and your work.
I wish you all the best,
Sincerely,
Liz

10 January, 2008



EHP TAKES THE ENVIRONMENTAL LEAD

By TITI GABI
08 January 2008

Slowly but surely the very real message of Climate Change and its impact on communities is making sense to Papua New Guineans.

And Ungai/Bena in the Eastern Highlands Province may be the first to take steps to help slow down the process.

Local MP, Benny Allen has unveiled an ambitious plan to plant 2million trees in different stages throughout this year.

Schools will be at the forefront of the project apart from village youths, church groups, and other interested members of the public.

The first areas to be planted will be those that have been cleared for agriculture or development purposes.

This will include awareness to villages and communities on the dangers of Climate Change and what individuals can and must do to reduce its effects.

The dates for when planting begins are still to be announced.

No comments: