FOND FAREWELLS

Dear Friends,
In the four months since we have left Alotau, I've seen really exciting and thought-provoking pieces appearing under our fellows' bylines. I was lucky enough to see a few of you in Fiji, and I am always so happy when I see your names pop up in my email inbox.
This blog was an experiment, and I am very pleased with how it went. I hope my successor can pick it up (or perhaps one of you will?) and help it grow.
As you all know, I am moving to a new position with COMPASS, where I will be the new assistant director of science outreach. My contact information is not changing for now, and I hope you will each continue to include me in your lives and your work.
I wish you all the best,
Sincerely,
Liz

28 November, 2007

The lead-up to Bali

Over at Climate Change Action, they are reporting a number of activities and protests planned around the Bali meeting that may be of interest to you. These include:

  1. The World Business Council on Sustainable Development and International Chamber of Commerce are holding a 'Business Day' to lobby for a new climate deal.
  2. The Global Climate Campaign is coordinating demonstrations around the world.
  3. Greenpeace is using the talks to highlight the 'global disaster' that is palm oil production.
  4. Groups working together on development and adaptation are getting together to educate the conference attendees on these joint challenges.
  5. SustainUS is sending a youth delegation to Bali to share the views of the American public

No comments: